Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happiness....

My husband and I were chatting over supper this evening about the wonderful people that we have had the amazing pleasure and privilege of having pass through our lives. As we talked and reminisced one thing was evident in each and every person: The Happiness that virtually radiates from their very beings.

Some of these wonderful people have done absolutely amazing things throughout their lives, whether they are just starting out on life's journey or are looking back on a good portion of their lives filled with thousands of events, milestones, and exploits. Some have battled odds stacked so far against them concerning anything from health to financial struggles that it almost seemed hopeless and futile for them to even try rise above. Yet they battled on with the most cheerful, positive outlook on life imaginable.

As I think about the many friends and family members sprinkled throughout my life that exude Joy and Happiness I am reminded of how beautiful each and every single one is. I'm reminded how much an "outlook", and quite possibly an "inlook" can influence so much about a person physically. I'm reminded of the sincere positive energy that is so very pleasant and nurturing to be around.

Interestingly enough, our Assistant Pastor used Colossians 3:12 & 13 as part of his text today in teaching about a "Spirit Thing" (The Holy Spirit).

So, as those who have been chosen of GOD, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.

Ironic? Doubtful. Ninety-nine percent of the people drifting through my mind this evening have, or had, hearts filled with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience that can only come from one place, a relationship with Jesus Christ and the effects of the Holy Spirit shining throughout them.

My goal is to be an "energy giver", a positive light, a reflection of The Spirit in me to each person I come in contact with and to hopefully share that Light in the hopes that others will see it and want it in their own lives. My hope is that someday each and every wrinkle on my face will be laugh lines and giggle crinkles while my frown muscles, worry furrows and scowl creases will be neglected from none use. Sounds like a great beauty plan and a positively amazing way to live out my days on this lil' green earth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment