Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

And I'm back!


Wow, time certainly flies with two lil' guys on the move!!! I have finally been able to spend a few hours the last few days in my s'crap room working on albums and cards after the boys go to bed. I've really enjoyed the resist techniques I've been trying. My VersaMark pad is my new best friend!!!
To make this card I 1)chose a white piece of card stock and stamped the flower images in ocean (teal) and watermelon (pink) and colored the flowers. 2)After stamping with the colors I clean the stamps and ink my stamps with clear VersaMark (or any embossing pad would work). 3)Restamp the images directly on top of themselves, color flower with an embossing ink pen and cover in clear embossing powder. (Be very careful to ensure powder is only on your images. My example here has a few spare flecks of powder which leave a white speck wherever the powder stuck and melted.) Tap excess powder back into its jar. 4)Heat with heat gun until powder is melted. Let cool. 5)Using a brayer or sponge cover the ENTIRE card in ink color of choice (chocolate (brown) used here). 6)When coverage is as you would like take a tissue and wipe over the card, specifically on the embossed sections. WaLa! Your stamped image just pops and shines on the page! I have really enjoyed playing with this resist and it can work with SO many images and colors. The skies the limit on this one! I layered mine onto a white card and distressed the edges with chocolate, watermelon, and ocean. I also added yellow buttons as the flower centers.


Up next is cracked glass. Just tried it last night and am already IN LOVE with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment